What does “at-risk” mean?
As per Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education’s Bulletin 126, a student is determined to be “At-Risk” if (s)he meets any one of the following criteria:
At-Risk Pupil—any pupil about whom at least one of the following indicators is true:
i. is eligible to participate in the federal free or reduced lunch program by demonstrating that he meets the income requirements established for participation in the program, not necessarily by participating in the program;
ii. is under the age of 20 and has been withdrawn from school prior to graduation for not less than one semester;
iii. is under the age of 20 and has failed to achieve the required score on any portion of the examination required for high school graduation;
iv. is in the eighth grade or below and is reading two or more grade levels below grade level as determined by one or more of the tests required pursuant to R.S. 17:24.4;
vi. is the mother or father of a child.
Lycée Français de la Nouvelle-Orléans grants priority in the OneApp lottery to children who meet any of the above criteria. To benefit from the “at-risk” priority, supported documentation must be provided by the OneApp deadlines.
- Applicants to Pre-K4 provide eligibility documentation directly to EnrollNOLA (OneApp). Download this cheat sheet or see below for required documents. Applicant IEPs do not need to be submitted to EnrollNOLA. EnrollNOLA will verify IEPs using the state’s database.
- Applicants to Kindergarten and up provide eligibility documentation to Lycée Français.
For indicator i., the following supporting documentation may be supplied:
- Proof of guardianship
- Parent or guardian’s photo ID
- Proof of age
- Birth certificate or certificate of live birth
- Two proofs of of residency
- Current rental lease agreement
- Homestead Exemption in the parent’s name
- Electricity/gas bill
- Sewage/water bill
- Telephone bill (landline only)
- Cable/internet service bill
- Current official letter from government agency (Dept. of Social Service, Dept. of Health & Hospitals, etc.)
- Proof of income
- Louisiana Purchase Card (SNAP) Budget Sheet or Benefits Statement
- Last four consecutive paychecks
- Letter from employer indicating
- Where you are employed,
- Your hourly rate of pay,
- Average hours worked a week
- Most recent Social Security benefits statement
- Most recent unemployment compensation statement
- Alimony as shown in court decree or agreement
- Most recent pension statements
For indicator iv., the following supporting documentation may be supplied:
- Student test history that demonstrates the student’s historic underperformance on state assessments (iLEAP, LEAP, EOC, etc.)
For indicator v., the following supporting documentation may be supplied:
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
Please note that accepted forms of eligibility documentation may change.
Updated October 18, 2016.