What does “Economically Disadvantaged” mean?
As per Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education’s Bulletin 126, a student is determined to be “Economically Disadvantaged” if (s)he meets any one of the following criteria:
Economically Disadvantaged Pupil—any pupil about whom any of the the following indicators are true:
i. Is eligible for Louisiana’s food assistance program for low-income families.
ii. Is eligible for Louisiana’s disaster food assistance program.
iii. Is eligible for Louisiana’s program for assistance to needy families with children to assist parents in becoming self-sufficient.
iv. Is eligible for Louisiana’s healthcare program for families and individuals with limited financial resources.
v. Is eligible for reduced price meals based on the latest available data.
vi. Is an English Language Learner.
vii. Is identified as homeless or migrant pursuant to the McKinney-Vento Homeless Children and Youth Assistance Act and the Migrant Education Program within the Elementary and Secondary Education Act.
viii. Is incarcerated with the Office of Juvenile Justice or in an adult facility.
ix. Has been placed into custody of the state
See the full definition HERE
Updated on 2/20/18
Additional OneApp forms for Indicator vi (if applicable)
Lycée Français de la Nouvelle-Orléans grants priority in the OneApp lottery to children who meet any of the above criteria. To benefit from the “Economically Disadvantaged” priority, supported documentation must be provided by the OneApp deadlines.
- Applicants to Pre-K4 provide eligibility documentation directly to EnrollNOLA (OneApp). Download this cheat sheet or see below for required documents.
- Applicants to Kindergarten and up provide eligibility documentation to Lycée Français.
For indicator i., the following supporting documentation may be supplied:
- Proof of guardianship
- Parent or guardian’s photo ID
- Proof of age
- Birth certificate or certificate of live birth
- Two proofs of of residency
- Current rental lease agreement
- Homestead Exemption in the parent’s name
- Electricity/gas bill
- Sewage/water bill
- Telephone bill (landline only)
- Cable/internet service bill
- Current official letter from government agency (Dept. of Social Service, Dept. of Health & Hospitals, etc.)
- Proof of income
- Louisiana Purchase Card (SNAP) Budget Sheet or Benefits Statement
- Last four consecutive paychecks
- Letter from employer indicating
- Where you are employed,
- Your hourly rate of pay,
- Average hours worked a week
- Most recent Social Security benefits statement
- Most recent unemployment compensation statement
- Alimony as shown in court decree or agreement
- Most recent pension statements
Please note that accepted forms of eligibility documentation may change.
Updated October 31, 2017.