Host a French-Speaking LFNO Intern!
Did you know that Lycée Français is partnering with the Amity Institute to provide 6 Amity Interns in our schools this upcoming year?
Founded in 1962, the Intern program is based on the belief that language learning and cultural exchange are essential to building international friendships within our global community. Interns are here to bring their languages and cultures to life, to engage and motivate students and leave them with new confidence in their ability to communicate across borders
The Interns have varied educational backgrounds and will be assisting at Lycée for approximately 32 hours a week and play a flexible role in the classrooms. Interns participate in a wide variety of activities such as assisting the teachers with lessons/group work, conducting cultural presentations, and developing materials for student instruction.
As part of their experience, Interns live with a local host family. We are currently seeking host families from the Lycée to support this program. Interns will be here from the end of July 2021 until the end of May 2022 and we are currently seeking families who would be interested in hosting. Interns will also need to be transported to school for the days of professional development with a bagged lunch from August 2nd-August 12th.
The requirements are:
- Families must host for a minimum of 9 weeks, one semester, or for the entire stay. One semester minimum is preferred.
- Intern must have their own bedroom.
- Internet access is highly desirable because the Intern may do a lot of communication with family and friends via Skype.
- Family will provide 3 meals daily.
- Transportation to and from school; interns may ride the bus too.
Interns by campus:
- McNair – 1 intern
- Johnson Campus – 2 interns
- Patton Campus – 3 interns
Find out more about the Amity Program visit Amity Institute and for more information and FAQ’s on hosting click here. If you are interested in being a host family, please fill out this FORM by Monday, June 28th send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to submit questions to the same email address.