Join Our Board
We’re looking for passionate, committed community leaders to work alongside us as we expand our students’ imagination and opportunities!
APPLY TO BECOME A BOARD MEMBER TODAY!
Lycée Français de la Nouvelle-Orléans is a free public charter school, which provides a French curriculum education from kindergarten through high school, serving all of Louisiana. Our goal is to provide a world-class education for students across the city of New Orleans and the State of Louisiana. LFNO aims to prepare students to excel academically while making an impact in their communities.
We are seeking individuals to serve on the Board of Lycée Français de la Nouvelle-Orléans (LFNO). The Board will support the work of LFNO and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. Through dedicated service, Board Members expand their professional networks, develop dynamic leadership skills, and make a tangible investment in the children of our community.
Ideal candidates will have one or more of the following qualifications:
- Experienced professional leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- Well-connected in the local community and/or professional community, and able to leverage those relationships for the institution’s benefit
- A commitment to and understanding of LFNO’s stakeholders, preferably based on experience
- Diplomatic skills and ability to cultivate relationships and persuade, convene, facilitate, and build consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for ensuring the success of our families and staff
In addition to these core qualities, we are looking for a group of people whose collective skill set includes:
- Finance and accounting
- Legal or Human Resources/Organizational Leadership
- Knowledge of the Education sector
- Fundraising/development and communications
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector
- Real Estate or construction/building renovation
To apply, please complete the board member application by clicking below. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Questions? Reach out to Leandro Fukushima at firstname.lastname@example.org.