LFNO 2021-22 COVID Procedures and Operational Guidelines – FAQ
To review the complete LFNO 2021-22 COVID Procedures and Operational Guidelines | Click Here
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will children be required to wear masks indoors?
All students will be required to wear masks indoors.
2. Will there be a full time nurse at all 3 campuses?
There will be nurses available at all three campuses
3. Can community snacks be shared between students?
Only individually sealed and packaged from the manufacturer snacks will be allowed to be shared with other students in the classroom.
4 If a child is having a hard time wearing a mask, then will my child be able to take his/her mask off?
Our school nurses and staff will work with students who may have a hard time wearing a mask. School nurses will teach mask safety to all staff and students.
5. Is there any plan/intention to go virtual if there are multiple covid cases at the school?
If multiple cases of COVID-19 are reported at any of our school sites, Lycee will consult with the Region 1 Office of the Louisiana Department of Health and Medical Advisors to review and determine when/if additional actions are required. Should we need to pivot to a virtual instructional model, then we will communicate accordingly
6. Will Pre-K students need to wear masks all day? Or will they be allowed to take them off in their static groups?
PreK students will wear their masks all day except during lunch time. They will not be allowed to take them in static groups
7. Will bus drivers and students be required to wear a mask this year?
Bus drivers and students will be required to wear a mask on the school bus.
8. Will we have virtual learning if students have to quarantine?
a. Should a class be quarantined, then the class will move to a virtual learning model.
b. If an individual student is quarantined, the homeroom teacher will provide assignments to students to complete independently.
9. Do adult faculty and staff have to wear facial coverings?
Face masks that properly cover the wearer’s mouth and nose should be worn indoors outside of your residence at all times, under the Governor’s statewide mask mandate. The order requires face coverings for everyone of age to be enrolled in kindergarten and older except for the following:
· Anyone who has a medical condition that prevents the wearing of a face covering
· Anyone who is consuming a drink or food
· Anyone who is trying to communicate with a person who is hearing impaired
· Anyone who is giving a speech for broadcast or to an audience
· Anyone temporarily removing his or her face covering for identification purposes
10. Will the COVID swabs for testing be nasal or nasopharyngeal?
Lycee has partnered with Omega Diagnostic Testing for weekly COVID-Testing for staff and students. The COVID swab will be anterior nasal.
11. What allowances are made for essential visitors?
Essential visitors are individuals who must enter schools or early learning centers in order to conduct visits in accordance with Louisiana law or policy. Essential visitors include, but are not limited to, individuals who:
• conduct CLASS® observations
• observe teacher candidates as part of the teacher preparation quality rating system
• provide essential supports and services including, but not limited to, early intervention services, special education services, medical services or mental health consultation
12. Are temperature checks required for students prior to entry into K-12 facilities?
No. Students should be screened at home and prior to arrival at K-12 campus.
13. What is Lycee doing to keep my child safe?
Lycee will continue to follow the mitigation measures set forth by the Louisiana Department of Health, LDOE, and LCMC Children’s Hospital. Should these guidelines change, we will communicate these changes to our community.
14. Should the close contact definition of “15 minutes of exposure within 6 feet” be in one setting or should it be viewed in a cumulative manner?
On Wednesday, October 21, 2020, the CDC updated their guidance to state: “Someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period* starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to test specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.”
16. Will air purifiers be placed in every classroom?
Some air purifiers will be placed on each campus. As we receive our shipment of air purifiers, these will be distributed amongst each campus.