HOW TO APPLY
OneApp: how it works
Families must apply to Lycée Français de la Nouvelle-Orléans through OneApp.
- Applications are accepted in “rounds,” meaning applications cannot be submitted before or after the start and end dates.
- Applications are only valid for the following school year, meaning the child must be four years old of age by September 30th of the upcoming school year to be eligible to submit an application.
- There are no waiting lists prior to entry to Pre-K4. Please pay close attention to deadlines.
- Families are asked to list their school choices by rank on their applications, with the #1 choice listed first. Each participating school has a code that is normally composed of three digits, which families may use to apply. Lycée’s code is 711 for all grades except tuition-based Pre-K4. The tuition-based Pre-K4 code is 722.
Please note: Lycée Français de la Nouvelle-Orléans serves all of Louisiana. Families living outside of Orleans Parish are welcome to apply.
OneApp is the citywide lottery for the majority of charter schools in New Orleans. To learn more about OneApp, visit www.enrollnola.org or watch the videos below.
Information for families interested in applying to Pre-K4.
- Prior knowledge of the French language is not required for entry to Pre-K4.
- Lycée Français de la Nouvelle-Orléans offers 20 tuition-based seats (application code 722) and 60 tuition-free seats (application code 711).
- Tuition-based Pre-K4 students enrolled at Lycée must apply to Kindergarten via the OneApp. Tuition-based Pre-K4 students are not automatically enrolled in Kindergarten.
- Tuition-free Pre-K4 students are automatically enrolled in Kindergarten.
- Students already enrolled at Lycée in Kindergarten and beyond do not need to apply via the OneApp to enroll in the next grade level. Only annual re-registration is needed.
Information for families interested in applying to Kindergarten.
Applications to Kindergarten
All applications must be submitted online. The online application is available here.
Prior knowledge of the French language is not required for entry to Kindergarten.
Students already enrolled at Lycée in Kindergarten and beyond do not need to apply via the OneApp to enroll in the next grade level. Only annual re-registration is needed.
EnrollNOLA School Guides:
TÀI LIỆU HƯỚNG DẪN VỀ CÁC TRƯỜNG: Vietnamese
GUÍA SOBRE LAS ESCUELAS PÚBLICAS Español
La misión de OVNV es asegurarse que todos los estudiantes latinos en Nueva Orleans tengan acceso a una educación equitativa (igual), así como a la creación de la fortaleza en la voz de los padres para apoyar a los niños en su éxito escolar. Su visión es la equidad educacional para todos los estudiantes en el área de Nueva Orleans, y así reforzar el esfuerzo de Nueva Orleans para convertirse en un modelo de igualdad equitativa.
OneApp en español
Round 1 results
- If you submit an application during the Main Round, your placement results will be available on EnrollNOLA.org in April of the following year.
- Families who submitted an application with an email address listed will receive their results at the email address they provided.
- If your contact information has changed since submitting an application, please contact the OneApp at email@example.com.
How to log back in to your Parent Portal to verify placement results
- Go to enrollnola.org and click on “Apply Now” in the left-land menu
- Click the “Apply Now” button on the page
- Log into your account
- Click on the “5 School Placement” tab in the top menu
- Review the table under the School Year Placement to see your child’s assignment for next year
Seat acceptance deadlines
- Once you have received your placement results, you must accept your seat by mid May. Below are the list of documents you need to bring to your assigned school:
- Seat Acceptance Form
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s immunization records
- Parent identification
- Proof of residency (utility bill, rental lease agreement / mortgage, property tax notice, etc.)
- IEP / 504 plan (if applicable)
- Students ages infant to 4 years old only: Proof of income (LA Purchase Card Budget Sheet / Benefits Statement, last four consecutive paychecks, letter from employer stating wage and average weekly hours worked) AND 2 proofs of residency
Failure to accept your seat may result in the loss of your seat assignment.
If you misplaced or did not receive a copy of your seat acceptance form, please visit your assigned school or a Family Resource Center.
How the OneApp works (English)
Cómo funciona el OneApp (en español)
Updated December 2, 2020