HOW TO APPLY
OneApp: how it works
Families must apply to Lycée Français de la Nouvelle-Orléans through OneApp.
- Applications are accepted in “rounds,” meaning applications cannot be submitted before or after the start and end dates.
- Applications are only valid for the following school year, meaning the child must be four years old of age by September 30th of the upcoming school year to be eligible to submit an application.
- There are no waiting lists prior to entry to Pre-K4. Please pay close attention to deadlines.
- Families are asked to list their school choices by rank on their applications, with the #1 choice listed first. Each participating school has a code that is normally composed of three digits, which families may use to apply. Lycée’s code is 711 for all grades except tuition-based Pre-K4. The tuition-based Pre-K4 code is 722.
Please note: Lycée Français de la Nouvelle-Orléans serves all of Louisiana. Families living outside of Orleans Parish are welcome to apply.
OneApp is the citywide lottery for the majority of charter schools in New Orleans. To learn more about OneApp, visit www.enrollnola.org or watch the video on the right.
Tuition based vs Tuition free - moving on to Kindergarten
- Current Tuition Pre-K4 families at Lycée must apply to Kindergarten. Tuition Pre-K4 students are not automatically promoted to Kindergarten.
- Students already enrolled at Lycée in Kindergarten and beyond do not need to apply to their next grade level. Current students are automatically promoted to the next grade level except in cases of retention.
Applications to Pre-K4
Tuition-free Pre-K4 (Cecil J. Picard LA4 Early Childhood Program): Code 711
Tuition-based Pre-K4: Code 722
- Proof of eligibility must be submitted to a Family Resource Center. Click here for list of documents required or download this cheat sheet. This step is essential for Pre-K4 applicants. Applications without proof of eligibility will not be considered.
- Prior knowledge of the French language is not required for entry to Pre-K4.
- Families in tuition-based Pre-K4 must apply to kindergarten for the following school year. Tuition-based Pre-K4 students are not automatically promoted to kindergarten.
Applications to Kindergarten
All applications must be submitted online. The online application is available here.
Prior knowledge of the French language is not required for entry to Kindergarten.
Note: Students already enrolled at Lycée in kindergarten and beyond do not need to apply to their next grade level. Current students are automatically promoted to the next grade level except in cases of retention.
EnrollNOLA Performance Score Videos
Translated School and Early Childhood Performance Score Videos Available
The Department released new school and early childhood performance videos in Spanish, Vietnamese, and Arabic to help families breakdown the state’s K-12 and early childhood accountability systems in order to better understand how schools and centers are rated.
K-12 School Performance Scores
Early Childhood Performance Profiles
EnrollNOLA School Guides:
TÀI LIỆU HƯỚNG DẪN VỀ CÁC TRƯỜNG: Vietnamese
GUÍA SOBRE LAS ESCUELAS PÚBLICAS Español
La misión de OVNV es asegurarse que todos los estudiantes latinos en Nueva Orleans tengan acceso a una educación equitativa (igual), así como a la creación de la fortaleza en la voz de los padres para apoyar a los niños en su éxito escolar. Su visión es la equidad educacional para todos los estudiantes en el área de Nueva Orleans, y así reforzar el esfuerzo de Nueva Orleans para convertirse en un modelo de igualdad equitativa.
OneApp en español
Round 1 results
- If you submit an application during the Main Round, your placement results will be available on EnrollNOLA.org in April of the following year.
- Families who submitted an application with an email address listed will receive their results at the email address they provided.
- If your contact information has changed since submitting an application, please contact the OneApp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to log back in to your Parent Portal to verify placement results
- Go to enrollnola.org and click on “Apply Now” in the left-land menu
- Click the “Apply Now” button on the page
- Log into your account
- Click on the “5 School Placement” tab in the top menu
- Review the table under the School Year Placement to see your child’s assignment for next year
Seat acceptance deadlines
- Once you have received your placement results, you must accept your seat by mid May. Below are the list of documents you need to bring to your assigned school:
- Seat Acceptance Form
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s immunization records
- Parent identification
- Proof of residency (utility bill, rental lease agreement / mortgage, property tax notice, etc.)
- IEP / 504 plan (if applicable)
- Students ages infant to 4 years old only: Proof of income (LA Purchase Card Budget Sheet / Benefits Statement, last four consecutive paychecks, letter from employer stating wage and average weekly hours worked) AND 2 proofs of residency
Failure to accept your seat may result in the loss of your seat assignment.
If you misplaced or did not receive a copy of your seat acceptance form, please visit your assigned school or a Family Resource Center.
April 1 2019: Hardship Transfers End
As a reminder, EnrollNOLA will cease accepting Hardship Transfers as of April 1, 2019. Transfers will only be considered in the case of emergencies. This is to maintain stability during testing and the end of the school year. Families who strongly desire a new placement are strongly encouraged to submit a OneApp in Round 2, if they did not do so during the Main Round.
OneApp - truth or myth? If I live near the school, I get a priority in the lottery.
Myth! LFNO does NOT give geographical priority in the OneApp process.
OneApp - truth or myth? If I or my child are French citizens, we are guaranteed a seat at Lycée.
Myth! All children, regardless of citizenship, must submit a OneApp and participate in the lottery based on the priorities (qualify as Economically Disadvantaged or are siblings of current students) and/or their lottery number.
OneApp - truth or myth? Do I really have to apply close to a year before my child actually starts to attend a school?
True! Round 1 of the OneApp typically starts in November for start of school of the following August!
OneApp - truth or myth? If I get a seat for Pre-K4 and decline it, I will be "blacklisted" if I try to apply again next year for Kindergarten.
Myth! No records are kept in any place to show if a seat was declined prior to a new application.
OneApp - truth or myth? I must attend an open house or visit the school or else my child will not be eligible for LFNO
Myth! While it is highly recommended that you attend one of the open houses (scheduled during Round 1, between November and February), it is NOT mandatory to be considered eligible for the OneApp. Attendance to an open house is not recorded anywhere nor reported to EnrollNOLA.
Updated April 9, 2019.