Resto! Meal Program
**COVID-19 MEAL SERVICES UPDATE**
- LYCEE is currently participating as an Open Community Feeding site under a new USDA waiver that allows schools to operate under the Summer Food Service Program 2020 to help ensure students nation-wide receive proper nutrition during this Covid-19 emergency.
- This waiver allows LYCEE to serve delicious and nutritious breakfasts and lunches FREE of charge to ALL of our students until December 31st, 2020.
WHO IS IN THE KITCHEN?
For the 2020-21 school year, we are happy to introduce our new food service vendor: Genuine Foods LLC. Genuine Foods was created to help provide equal access to quality, fresh food to all people regardless of their zip code, demographic, cultural identity, or background. We selected Genuine for their dedication to providing fresh, high quality, and nutritious meals to all students. Below you will find important information about meal services this year.
RESTO! MEAL SERVICES PROGRAM (Starting January 2021)
- Parents/guardians will be required to pre-pay for meals using MySchoolBucks (website/app that allows money to be digitally loaded onto student accounts) or checks made out to Lycée Français de la Nouvelle-Orléans.
- Parents who are already signed up for MySchoolBucks do not need to sign up again, except if your student is moving from Patton(Lower) to Johnson(Upper).
- Parents using MySchoolBucks can select to receive low balance alerts on the website/app and will be emailed a monthly balance. Parents paying by check will need to keep track of their student(s) balance on their own.
- If a student’s account does not have the funds to cover the cost of a meal, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide a meal, and if we do their account will still be charged and will drop into a negative balance. We will also inform parents/guardians of this fact so they know to replenish their student’s account.
- Students who are eligible for Free Lunch will not be billed.
- Students eligible for Reduced Lunch will be charged $0.30 for breakfast and $0.40 for lunch. Parents/guardians will need to follow the same guidelines above about loading student accounts with funds.
- Parents/guardians of students who currently have a negative balance will need to bring that balance into the positive to be able to participate in LFNO Meal Services.
- Parents with questions or concerns about student account balances should email the Coordinator of Meal Service (John-Henry Trant / email@example.com)
- Parents requesting a refund should also email the Coordinator of Meal Service (John-Henry Trant / firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that the refund process may take up to 2 weeks to complete, and when completed a check will be written for the amount of the refund and made available for pickup at your student’s campus.
SCHOOL LUNCH APPLICATION
Why you should fill out a LFNO Lunch Application:
Some people have heard that it is only necessary to fill out this application if you want your child to qualify for free or reduced-price school lunch. The truth is that it is important for EVERY family to fill out this form because doing so helps bring much needed additional money and services to every child at Lycee.
Lycee receives funding from the state and federal governments to support the needs of low-income students. For each student who qualifies for free or reduced-price meals, LFNO receives thousands of additional dollars in funding. Studies show that many eligible students, in particular middle school and high school students, do not complete this form each year, leaving hundreds of thousands of dollars in funding for schools on the table. Even a small increase in eligible forms collected results in significantly more money to support our schools and students.
What is the LFNO Lunch Application?
This form collects basic information about your student used to determine his or her eligibility for free or reduced-price breakfast, lunch, and also so that schools can qualify to receive extra money and programs.
Updated Jan. 29, 2021